552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fantasy Girl

You may remember my first experience with fantasy football, two years ago, with my squad the "Girlie Men Express." We finished in second place in our league (and I think we could have won if I hadn't been in New Orleans covering the Sugar Bowl during the final week of the fantasy season).

Last year, I was just too busy to join a league. So this time around, I'm knocking myself out with two teams... the "Panty Wastes" and the "Pink Ladies" (though I'm thinking of changing the name of that team).

I find the most difficult part of playing fantasy football is selecting a name for my team. I don't want to be that boring guy who names his team after his college mascot or favorite pro team. We have a guy in our league who always uses the "Kirksville Vikings" as his team's name. Dude loves the Vikes. Cory often picks Spanish names for his squads.. Last year he was the "Diablos."

This year, I thought I had the best name ever for a fantasy football team: "Brokeback Quarterback." Unfortunately, Yahoo! only allows a team name to be 20 characters, putting it one over the limit. Yeah, I could go with "Brokeback Halfback" or "Brokeback QB," but it just doesn't have the same ring to it.

My first fantasy draft isn't until the weekend-- so if you have any suggestions for team names, let me know.

By the way, if you're a fantasy football fan, take a minute to check out this article. Funny Stuff.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa