552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Obligatory Sports-Related Post

I know, I know... I'm the Sportslady, for God's sake, and I haven't even mentioned the All-Star game or the Home Run Derby.

So, in brief, I'm not really a fan of all-star games. I typically like the pre-game showcases (NHL Skills competition, Slam Dunk Contest, Home Run Derby) a lot more. We watch enough games during the regular season, I like seeing these guys do other things. And no, it doesn't matter to me that "this game counts" for home field advantage... just like it didn't matter to me when the NHL had the "North America versus The World" format.

As for the Home Run Derby, I was happy to see Ryan Howard win. First of all, he really impressed me during spring training. It seemed like he hit a home run every damn game. Second, Cory's brother used to live down the hall from him in college, so I have some kind of six-degrees-of-Ryan-Howard thing going on.

Tonight's All-Star game had the unfortunate timing of airing opposite "Rock Star: Supernova," "Last Comic Standing," and "My Life on the D-List." I watched bits and pieces of the first four innings, then finally let Cory have control of the remote for the remainder of the game. Except for the ninth inning, it was pretty dull. And by tomorrow afternoon, I'll already have forgotten who won.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa