552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, July 31, 2006

Good News, Bad News

Last week, I had to have a biopsy performed on a mole. I've been waiting a week for the test results, and thankfully, it wasn't melanoma. Unfortunately, it was "abnormal cells," so I have to have the rest of the thing removed. At some point, I need to figure out when I'll be able to take some time off work, since I'll have a bandage on my face (and that sort of thing doesn't look very good on-air). But right now, I'm just breathing a sigh of relief.

Now, the bad news. I got an email today from an old boyfriend, Matt. Right when I started dating him, back in the fall of 1992, Matt got a puppy, which he named "Niijii" (Ojibway indian for "Great Golden Friend"). Niijii was a sweet little guy, and I still think about him, despite the fact that Matt and I broke up over a dozen years ago. In fact, just today, I saw a little golden retriever puppy and wondered if Niijii was still hanging in there.

Tonight, I got an email from Matt with some sad news... He had to put Niijii down on Sunday. As I read Matt's emotional letter, I shed more than a few tears. At the end of the email, he attached this picture, the last one taken of Niijii.

Farewell, Great Golden Friend.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa