552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Something is Missing

Specifically, my credit cards and cell phones are missing. Some crook robbed me on Saturday.

I was working at our local arena, shooting video of our Arena Football (AF2) team for that night's newscast. I brought my messenger bag into the arena with me, which contained a spare camera battery, a spare tape, and my usual stuff (wallet, contact lenses, sunglasses, makeup, hair brush, etc.)

At some point, during the hour and a half or so that I was at the arena, somebody walked into the press box, opened up my bag, and searched for stuff to steal. And I mean, they searched. They absconded with both of my cell phones (from two separate pockets in the bag). They also went into my wallet and took my credit cards, along with the $12 in cash I had with me.

Oh, and by the way, my bag was no more than five feet away from me.

Fortunately, I discovered my stuff was missing fairly quickly. I cancelled my cards and cell phones and filed a police report. The only problem is that now I don't have a debit card for at least another week... and I live off of my debit card (That $12 in cash was probably the most cash I've had on me in months).

If this has ever happened to you, you're probably thinking of the word "Violated." And while I do feel violated, really, I just feel stupid. Seriously. How can you not notice someone stealing your sh*t five feet away from you???

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa