552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hit the Road, Chris

The worst part about working down here in SW Florida is going to be dealing with the hurricanes... because neither Cory or I are allowed to take time off during a hurricane. So, ever since we requested this week off, we've had our fingers crossed that we won't have to cancel our vacation plans.

Last week, while I was in Orlando at Buccaneers training camp, the local weather guy mentioned "a little tropical disturbance that we need to keep our eye on."

This morning, I'm keeping a close eye on The Weather Channel. That "little tropical disturbance" is now Tropical Storm Chris. And Chris is making me very nervous.

According to the NOAA's 5-day cone, Chris is headed straight for our neck of the woods. Fortunately, we'll be back in town by the time he's scheduled to arrive. Unfortunately, that doesn't give us a lot of time to prepare for it. And it might also get us on our employers' shit lists fecal rosters. So keep your fingers crossed for me that Chris takes a turn to the north or the east. Me? I'll be glued to the Weather Channel.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa