552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back to the Daily Grind

Cory and I have been back from vacation for a couple of days. It was a nice trip, for the most part. We did lots of fun stuff, including the aforementioned trip to the IKEA store (the can opener works beautifully, by the way), and a visit to the Detroit Zoo (though the baby penguin was hiding from us). I was happy to see the new otter house, where the little guys can play all day long.

Jan was excited to show off her new condo. It looks great... Like Candice Olson decorated it. She had a little party for the neighborhood, and a few of my old friends came over, too. I don't think Nicole and Anne had met before. Anne is my oldest friend from Junior High School, and Nicki and I worked together for years at Foland's while I was in college. It was kind of weird watching my "worlds collide."

We also took a trip to the Redford Theatre in Detroit to see one of Cory's favorite movies, North by Northwest. The theatre is really nice-- a restored old movie house with stars on the ceiling, a big balcony and a pipe organ. Oh, and the concessions were dirt cheap, too. Of course, the movie was great. I'd never seen it before, so it was a treat for me to see it in a real movie theatre.

Speaking of concessions- we also ate way too much. Mini-Quiches, cream puffs and fruit salad at the party-- B.D.'s Mongolian Barbeque and the old standby, Mr. B's (or B-Bar as we used to call it). Cory and I had weighed ourselves on the scale at IKEA on our first day in town... and I gained two pounds over the course of the next five days. Cory gained four. So much for the diet, huh?

Anyway, we're back home, and things are back to normal. I'm working a long week to make up for some of the time I took off, and Cory's working a little extra to cover a co-worker's vacation. Somewhere in there, I'm still trying to plan more stuff for the wedding.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa