552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, January 26, 2003

Do I Go To Your Work and Criticize You?

For the second week in a row, I returned to my office after one of the Saturday newscasts to be greeted by a ringing phone. Usually when this happens, it's either my boss Dave, or Cory. Our phones have caller ID, so I immediately know if it's one of them... but not this time. Instead, it's the same tool that called me a week ago and had me shaking with anger during his call.

He's one of those people who immediately has a chip on his shoulder. I used to have to deal with the same types when I worked the return counter at Foland's, back in the day (Sue, Nikki, Teri, you know the hell I speak of). He's the type that's never heard the expression "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." The second I pick up the phone, he immediately starts berating me because I wasn't at a high school wrestling tournament today. If the asshole would just call us before the tournament, and ask for some coverage, we probably would have been there. But for the second straight week, he chooses to be reactive instead of proactive, then call and bitch me out because we weren't there. This time, I wasn't going to take it, and told him (very politely) that he needed to get a life.

This is the kicker: He actually said to me that the only reason why we cover basketball more often than wrestling is because basketball is a "black sport," and that our station only does stories on black people. When I asked him what the hell he meant by that, he said "look in the mirror." What the hell does that mean???
(A little addendum... we covered two hockey games tonight. Now, I don't consider any sport a "black sport," but I don't think anyone would consider hockey to be one of them.)

Look in the mirror??????

Four hours later, I'm still livid. Aaaaaarrrrggggghhh!

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa