552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, January 20, 2003

The Poor Man's Oscars

I didn't get a chance to watch any of the Golden Globe Awards tonight (or as one of our producers calls it, the "Golden Globs"). However, when I got home from work, I watched some of the post-award festivities on E!

Some observations:
-Why did Uma Thurman look so over-processed, tanned, and glossy? Isn't part of her appeal that she's a natural beauty and not over-processed, tanned, and glossy?
-Is Curb Your Enthusiasm the best show on TV that nobody watches? I love the show, but I don't know anyone else that watches it. Even worse, the cable company stopped offering HBO for free, so I never get to see it any more.
-How does Kim Cattrall win awards? Her character is so poorly written, it hurts just to watch her.
-How is it that Jennifer Aniston can win for "Friends" but not even get nominated for "The Good Girl?" (Actually, I know the answer to this one. Childbirth is award-show gold.)
and Finally:
-Do we really need a "Musical or Comedy" category? I mean, if it means giving awards to people like Renee Zelweiger and Richard Gere, I'm not so sure it's necessary.

And winning the award for most pointless hyperlinks in a single weblog entry......


Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa