552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, January 15, 2003

America's Rockin' Roller Coast

Don't know if any of you have been to Cedar Point recently (some of you may never have been there at all). I'm a roller coaster freak, so I try to get there for a day every summer.

When I was a little kid, a trip to Cedar Point was the coolest thing ever. They built the "Gemini" when I was about eight, and at the time it was the tallest roller coaster in the world. Then when I was in college, the "Magnum XL-200" totally redefined scary. At the time, it was the tallest roller coaster in the world. A few years ago, the "Millennium Force" topped 300 feet tall, goes about 90 miles an hour, and it's a pretty sweet ride. Are you sensing the pattern here? At the time, it was the tallest roller coaster in the world.

Ok, I get the whole bigger, better, faster thing. We all feel the need to fulfill our manifest destiny. This, however, is totally insane. Is it possible to actually be scared to death? Because I think this new ride could do the trick. What kind of sick mother thinks this stuff up?

Of course, I'll have to go ride it this summer.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa