552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, January 13, 2003

24-7

My friend Anne from high school emailed me a couple days ago, and said I keep really weird hours. I guess I always knew I did, but looking at this weblog now, I see what she means! It seems like I generally post at about 1:30 in the morning.

Let me explain my F'ed up hours. On a normal day, I go to work at about 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon, and I either report or anchor for the 6pm and 11pm news. Since our last newscast doesn't end until 11:35, I'm usually there until midnight or 1am. There are days when it's much worse. My station is an ABC affiliate, so Mondays during NFL season are horrible. Monday Night Football doesn't even end until 12:30 a.m. at the earliest, so if it's an overtime game, I could be going on the air at 1:30 in the morning!

When I get home at 1am, I can't get to sleep right away, of course. That would be like most of you going to bed at 6:00 at night! So I'm up 'till 2am, or 3am, and on occasion, 4am. Then I don't wake up until 10am or 11am, and the whole ugly cycle starts all over again.

The moral to the story? TV is a crappy profession. Be glad you're not in it!

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa