552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Ahhhhhhhhh....

It's been a week since my last day off, but Tuesday is mine, all mine!
Actually, I'm sharing my day off with Cory, which is a pretty rare event. See, he works a semi-normal person's schedule (1pm to 10 pm Mon-Fri), and I work a freak schedule (Usually 1pm to 1am, Sat-Wed, though it varies greatly), so we never, ever, ever get days off together unless we plan them months in advance!

The special occasion? Cory's favorite hockey team, the St. Louis Blues, are in Atlanta playing the Thrashers on Tuesday night. (Don't fault him for poor taste in hockey teams. He's from Missouri, so he doesn't know better.) Anyway, I got him tickets for Christmas, so it's time for a jaunt to the big city! It'll be fun... I haven't been to an NHL game since I saw my Red Wings eliminate St. Louis from the playoffs back in 1998. I actually saw it in St. Louis, since I was living in Missouri at the time, so that made it twice as cool. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about Tuesday's game. I like the Thrashers in a "theyre-so-pathetic I-feel-sorry-for-them" Chicago Cubs kind of way, and I followed the Blues quite a bit in Missouri.

I only wish I could go see the Thrashers play Detroit next month. The problem is, the game's on a Saturday, and I'm not allowed to take weekends off during sweeps weeks. Damn the NHL schedulers!

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa