552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, January 18, 2008

Going Nuts

Which is worse? People who purchase testicles to dangle from the back of their pickup trucks-- or politicians who want to waste legal resources to outlaw them?

Apparently, they're a safety hazard, because people get distracted while staring at them. I know that I can't concentrate when a pair of white-trash steel dingly-danglies are in view. Give me a break.

Oh, and the Virginia law-maker in question also wants to outlaw them because they're obscene.

Disgusting, yes. In poor taste, yes. But obscene?

Now, don't get me wrong-- I don't think anyone on the planet needs to have "Truck Nutz." In fact, I think they should be illegal just because there's a good chance that anyone who has them is probably too mentally deficient to own a drivers' license.

The article goes on to quote a concerned citizen from right here in the Sunshine State:

“We’ve got a little nephew, he’s 4. I’m sure if he sees it he’s going to be asking what it is, you know.”

Hmmm. So this kid's never seen the backside of a dog? Or watched Meerkat Manor? Or maybe this concerned citizen also supports laws requiring all male animals either be neutered or wear pants.

In that case, pants-less Donald Duck is in trouble.

Addendum: I just got a note from my friend Blaine, who is a reporter in Hampton Roads. And guess what he did a story about? Click here for more (There's also a video link on the left side of the page).

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa