552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, January 14, 2008

CSI: Casting Central

Anyone who watches a lot of television or movies has favorite actors. We also have our least-favorite. Sometimes we don't like an actor because we don't like the way they look. Sometimes it's because they alwasy play slimy or annoying characters.

In my case, my least-favorite actors always seem to fall into the same category: Actors who I think are terribly un-talented, but who continue to get work. Zooey Deschanel. Terrible. And I just read that she'll be playing Janis Joplin in a coming biopic. As much as I love her stuff with Big Brother and the Holding Co., I don't think I could possibly sit through two hours of Zooey Deschanel in a lead role.

Oh, and how about David Caruso? Simply awful. I love CSI-- but the casting director must have been on vacation when they selected him (and Emily Proctor, too) for the series. The only time I've ever enjoyed Caruso's work was when he played Kit Kat in "Hudson Hawk," and that's only because he played a mute.

I keep seeing promos for this week's episode of CSI: Miami, and apparently the casting director is on vacation again. Either that or he (she?) has a really cruel sense of humor. Guess who's playing David Caruso's ex? Elizabeth Berkley. Seriously.

How do these people keep getting work? I need one of their agents.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa