552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Road Trip

Cory and I hit the open road on Saturday-- to go to IKEA!

The new store in Sunrise (A 'burb of Miami) is about 2 1/2 hours away from us-- but closer than the other new store in Orlando (about 3 hours away). The grand opening was in Mid-October, but the store is still so busy that you have to park 3 miles away at the Bank America Center (where the Florida Panthers play), then catch a trolley back to ths store.

Of course, it would have been nice if there had been policemen directing traffic and informing people of that arrangement. Instead, they simply blocked off all the entrances and let you figure it out yourself. It led to a few tense moments in the ol' Nissan Frontier, but all of our stress melted away once we finally got into the store. I think it was the smell of the cinnamon rolls at the snack bar. Few things on this planet smell as good as a cinnamon roll.

Anyway, we bought three CD towers (BENNO) with a gift card that my mom gave us for Christmas. We'd hoped to also buy the matching BILLY bookcase, but the store was out of stock in the color we wanted (had we known you could check stock online, we would have driven to Orlando, but that's a different story altogether).

Honestly, the best part of the trip was getting to go with Cory. I've had to drive to Miami for work several times, but in the two years we've lived here, Cory's never made the trek down Alligator Alley. So we drove across the Everglades and watched nature whiz by at 70 miles per hour. We tried to get into the spirit of it by listening to the Everglades Radio Network. And no, we didn't see any alligators. I don't know why, but they tend to hang out more on the west-bound side of the road, and it was dark when we were driving home.

We haven't put the CD towers together yet. Yeah, we could do it today, but I've got a lot of free time on my hands on weekdays, so I think I'll just save it for tomorrow. And maybe Tuesday. I'll have a lot of CD alphabetizing to do... and believe me, it's a multi-day task.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa