552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Devine Design

Did anyone happen to catch West Virginia's thorough trouncing of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl? Let me clarify-- first of all, I love to see the Sooners lose. There's something so cathartic about it.

But more than that, I love to watch Mountaineers Freshman Noel Devine play football. He hasn't played a lot, but Steve Slayton got injured tonight, and Noel filled in pretty admirably. If you saw the second half, you probably saw his two touchdowns, and some of his amazing moves. He's pretty impressive. And yeah, he's had his troubles. The kid's had a rough life, so to see him perform so well on the national stage was fantastic.

I was lucky enough to get to see him play at North Fort Myers High School-- during my former career as a professional sportslady, I saw nearly all of Noel's games during his senior year. And the things you saw in the game were really no comparison to some of the things I saw him do in high school. Want a little sampling? Okay, here goes:

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa