552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, December 28, 2007

Just Glad it's Over

Wow. That birthday was rough.

You always hear about "getting laid off around the holidays," and how horrible it is. And yeah, it's pretty low. But at least starting the New Year while you're unemployed makes it easy to pick your top New Year's Resolution.

I can now say from experience that losing your job around your birthday is much, much worse.

It's pretty rough to start a new year of your life with a giant reminder that you're a loser. I half-expected to see a big "REJECT" stamp across my forehead when I woke up this morning.

There were many, many other factors-- ones I really don't have the energy to think about again-- which led to a pretty ugly birthday. And poor Cory had to deal with an hour-long crying jag at the end of the day.

But let's focus on the good stuff-- Presents. I got some nice ones from Cory and from my parents. And check out these beautiful roses from my mom!

I'd have put a picture of my cake in there, too... but it's already half-eaten. And if my mood doesn't get much better, I may eat the rest of it in one sitting.

Anyway, it's my "un-birthday" now (Thank God)!

Happy un-birthday to me!

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa