552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, January 07, 2008

Dream On

Why am I still having work nightmares?

When we moved to Florida two years ago, my work nightmares stopped. For years, I'd had sleepless nights, thanks to my previous job in the Peach State. I was constantly stressed out, completely miserable, and often sleepless. I actually took a pay cut to move down here, just so I could have some peace of mind.

For nearly two years, I slept well. No nightmares about missing a big story, or about getting sent to a game that didn't exist, or being forced to report on news (yuck).

Not until I was let go. Those last few weeks, I hardly slept at all. It didn't help that I got stuck with some seriously bad assignments those last few weeks-- and the nightmares came back.

So here I am, entering my second week of unemployment. Oddly enough, despite my fears that the condo will be foreclosed upon and that Cory's truck will be reposessed, I've slept pretty well. I think all the booze helps.

Last night, though, a new work nightmare. And it really was a work nightmare, featuring my former co-workers, crappy news assignments, and of course, I was running late for the big story.

Why? I don't even have a stinking job anymore, so why am I still having nightmares about it?

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa