552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Art at the Park

How is it that I've never heard of Park West Art Gallery? I grew up just about half an hour away from it, and yet today is the first time I've ever even heard its name.

Okay, maybe it's because I'm not a zillionaire private art collector. But still, you'd think that the largest fine arts collection in the world might have come up once or twice while I was getting that Art History minor. (I've always joked that with a major in Communication and a Minor in Art History, I'm really only qualified to answer the phones at a museum.) You know, just a "Hey, by the way, there's a big Rembrandt exhibition in Southfield" would have been nice.

Right now, the Park West Gallery is featuring works by Jean Claude Picot, who's work reminds me a bit of Matisse--very vivid and vibrant stuff. Not really my cup of tea, but who am I to judge, right? But it isn't all art. The gallery also has sports memorabilia in its catalog, including an autographed Pete Rose bat, Joe Montana's helmet, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's shorts. Old, sweaty shorts-- no matter how famous the wearer-- aren't really my cup of tea, either... but, as I said earlier, who am I to judge?

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa