552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Meet the "Girlie Men"

This year, I succumbed to the pressure and joined a fantasy football league. No, it's not because I feel the need to beat the boys at their own game... and it's certainly not so I can show off my vast knowledge of the NFL (I did so poorly in last year's football pool that I quit after just six weeks).

I did it to get Cory off my back.

See, last football season, I was subjected to dozens upon dozens of fantasy football discussions. Cory constantly informed me of the minutae of every single player... maybe every single play... that impacted his fantasy team. By the end of the season, I was helping him calculate his scores. Of course, he appreciated the help, saying that I was the only person that could help him out. Everyone else (whose opinion he trusted) was involved in the fantasy league, and therefore he couldn't ask them for help.

That's when I saw the light. If I was in the league, then he couldn't tell me about his team every waking hour of the day!

As the only woman in this year's pool, I named my team the "Girlie Men Express." Picture them in pink helmets and purple tights. And no, Jeff Garcia's not on the team... though some suspect that he may be playing for the other team.

Here's the lineup:
Quarterbacks- Steve "Air" McNair, Joey Harrington
Wide Receivers- Marvin Harrison, Keenan McCardell, Rod Smith, Brandon Lloyd, Reggie Williams
Running Backs- Ahman Green, Domanick Davis, Brian Westbrook, Charlie Garner, Moe Williams (the pride of the Spencer Greenwaves)
Tight Ends- Jeremy Shockey (my token mullet), Desmond Clark
Kicker (and really, aren't all kickers "girlie men?)- Jason Elam


Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa