552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

So What's the Point?

That's probably what you're asking, after reading my anthem rant. To be honest, I don't have much of one, other than the fact that I HATE it when people screw up the anthem. If you're going to sing the song in public, learn the words, and learn the melody. Ugh.

The reason I've been thinking about all of this is because of the Olympics. I've been watching a lot of the action from Athens, and every time the U.S.A wins a gold medal, we're subjected to quite possibly one of the worst recorded versions of the anthem in history. It's truly awful. The melody is drowned out by the harmony, to the point where the song is nearly unrecognizable.

On the other hand, "Advance Australia Fair," the Australian anthem, sounds great. It almost makes me want to see Ian Thorpe beat Michael Phelps more often.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa