552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, July 30, 2004

What's Your Thing?

Has there ever been a better advertising campaign for a more boring product than the Office Max "Rubber Band Man" commercials? Just hearing The Spinners brings a smile to my face, and then, when I see the guy with his crazy 'fro dispensing office supplies, I'm riveted to the television. Every time I see one of the spots, I notice something new. For example, I'd seen the first commercial (the one that takes place in the office building) probably ten times before I noticed that he's giving a first-aid kit to the guy using the always-dangerous paper cutter.

I finally saw the back-to-school version in its entirety. I think my favorite part is when he passes the kids selling "LEMENADE" and he leaves a dictionary on their lemonade stand. Later in the commercial, he passes them again and puts something else on their counter, but I haven't figured out what it is yet.

If you haven't seen the commercials, or if you're just a big fan of the ads like I am, head on over to The Rubber Band Man's homepage. You can watch several commercials and a "making-of" video there. They also have a funny mock yearbook. You can also, if you're a freak, download Rubber Band Man screen-savers and wallpaper.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa