552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Catfight

Apparently, I have a little competition for the affections of Mr. Cory O'Donnell.  See, Cory frequents a Chinese restaurant not far from work.  It's not my favorite place, but the food is cheap and fast, so I sometimes eat there when I'm in a hurry.  Cory, on the other hand, eats there frequently.  Pretty much any night I can't go to dinner with him because of a ballgame, that's where Cory gets carry-out (General's Chicken, if you must know).

So, tonight, I had to shoot a 7:30 game.  Not enough time to go out to eat, but enough time after the 6:00 news is over to grab a quick bite.  Cory called for carry-out, and I went to pick it up immediately after the newscast.

I walked in, and the very cute 20-something Asian girl behind the counter smiles at me.  I say "I have to pick up an order, but I don't know what name he gave."

She giggles and says "O'Donnell?"  And I answered yes.

"He not come in tonight?" she asked, a smile betraying the disappointed tone to her voice.

"Nope.  He was busy, so I got to come get dinner."

"Oh.  Well, make sure to tell him I say 'hi'"  And then, she blushed.  Swear to God.

Of course, when I got to work, I teased him incessantly about his little girlfriend at the China Inn.  If you see him, please be sure to do the same.


Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa