552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, July 24, 2004

I Always Cry at Weddings

Actually, I rarely cry at weddings.  I do, however, cry when I can't go to a wedding.

Our pal Sandy-bean is getting married today in Moberly, Mo.  I've known Sandy since the first day of her freshman year in college, when she showed up for the forensics team.  I've always referred to the kids on my speech team as my "babies," and Sandy is one of several that I still keep in touch with. 

It's killing me that I couldn't get time off to go to her wedding.  She's marrying a great guy named Brian, who I met this time last year, when they visited us here in Columbus. 

Unfortunately, they're getting married during a "sweeps" period, which means I'm not allowed to take time off.  One of the worst things about working in television is that you can't take time off in February, May, July, or November.  Great, huh?  I get three weeks of vacation, but I never get to use them.  Next year, I'm going to have to miss Cory's brother's wedding.  The closest thing I'll ever have to siblings, and I can't go to the wedding.

Anyway, Sandy-bean, I know you have much better things to do today than read this blog.  But if you do read this, just know that we wish we could be there... and your card is in the mail.  Love ya, pal!

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa