552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, July 16, 2004

Mid-Term Book Report
 
Best Book: California Rush (figures, it's out of print)
Worst BookHide and Seek, by far.  One of the worst I've read in my entire life.
Funniest Book: (tie) California Rush and Tricky Business
Most Predictable Book: (tie) Backpack and The DaVinci Code
Most Unique BookJennifer Government
Biggest DisappointmentMr. Paradise.  It's still a really good book.  Elmore just hasn't been quite as sharp the last couple books.
Separated at Birth:  The obsessive-compulsive savants in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (Christopher John Francis Boone), and The Pleasure of My Company (Daniel Pecan Cambridge).
Easiest Read: Couplehood (paperback, 203 pages, large print).
Slowest Read:  Tickled to Death.  It isn't a difficult book at all, and it's pretty short, too... Joan Hess just doesn't write in a very conversational style.
Most Educational: The Demon in the Freezer.  Also known as: "Everything you ever wanted to know about smallpox but were afraid to ask."
Character I'd probably slap if I ever met him/her: Suze Dysart from "Fast Women."  She's just kind of a whiny wuss.
Character I'd Most Like to Have a Beer With:  Sierra Lavotini from "Strip Poker."   Gotta love a sleuthing stripper.
 
I have five books on request at the library... so the list should expand in the very near future.  Too bad there are still more than 30 people in front of me for Ten Big Ones.


Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa