552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, July 26, 2004

Step Away From The Phone

Yep, it's that time again... time for my monthly cell phone rant.  This time, rather than ranting myself, simply read this article on cell phone etiquette.  Now heed every word in it.  I don't want to hear you yapping in the restroom stall next to me, I don't want to see you trying desperately to shut your phone off in the movie theater, and I really, really, really don't want to hear your personal conversations at work.

That's become my big pet peeve.  The average employer disapproves of it's employees making personal phone calls on company time, right?  But somehow, it's become completely acceptable for people to spend nearly their entire work shift with their mobile phone grafted to their ear.  At least five times a day at work, I think someone is talking to me, and it turns out that they're talking on a cell phone.  Then they try to make me feel like I'm the rude one for interrupting their conversation.

Seriously.  Leave your cell phone at the door.  And don't give me this "what if it's an emergency?" crap.  I've seen what constitutes an "emergency" for the average cell phone user.  If it's a true emergency, they'll be able to reach you using your work phone.  That's the way we did it for decades.  Now go back to work.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa