552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

What the "H---?"

I've recently been informed by one of my dear readers (Cory, to be specific) that I misspelled "sarcastic" on an earlier post. Guilty as charged. I've been spelling it "sarchastic" for as long as I can remember. Where did the "h" come from? Who knows.

Actually, I've always prided myself in my good spelling. I won the 7th grade spelling bee at my junior high school, and in 1982 got to participate in the Detroit News Spelling Bee.

An interesting side note: As a consolation prize for not winning the Detroit News Spelling Bee, I received a leather-bound dictionary with my name embossed on the cover. Ironically, my name is misspelled on it.

Anyway, I plan to avoid the use of the word "sarcastic" (with or without an "h") in the future. I'll replace it with "facetious," which I find easier to spell.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa