552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, January 30, 2003

Brow-beaten

I'm beginning to seriously think that a conspiracy is afoot between the cosmetologists of Columbus. If you recall just two weeks ago, I suffered a bad haircut. My bangs are still too short. Well, today, I decided it was time to get my eyebrows waxed. I only do this about once every year and a half, and then I just use the ol' tweezers for upkeep. Unfortunately, I can't find my good tweezers, and they were getting a little bushy, so I went for the waxing.

After the whole fiasco with my most recent haircut, I decided I wouldn't be going to Bethany to get my brows done. So I made an appointment at another place. Well, we all know, you never cheat on your stylist. Today, I found out why.

First of all, when I got there, he said, "so, we're just gonna clean them up a little, right?" To me, that means he's going to keep them in the same general shape, and just get rid of all those little extraneous hairs that have been sprouting. Apparently, we had a little lack of communication. He waxed them so that they're so thin and high on my face that I have a permanent look of surprise.

That's actually not the bad part. Later, I looked more closely in the mirror. My left eyebrow, I would guess, is about three inches long from end to end. My right eyebrow is a good 3/4 of an inch shorter. So I look surprised and lopsided. A nice combination. I actually had to go to Wal-Mart and buy an eyebrow pencil so that I could draw the rest of my right eyebrow back on. Pathetic.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa