552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, January 18, 2008

Killing Time

My life has changed so much in the last three weeks-- On the one hand, I don't feel like a particularly useful human being. On the other hand, I'm getting stuff done that's waited forever.

We moved into our condo over a year ago, and aside from the original renovations we made (new carpet, fresh paint, etc), we haven't done much with it. And it needs all the help it can get. We've been planning to put in some new tile in the front hallway forever.... and now that we have the time to do it, we don't have the money. Go figure. We painted over the hideous lineoleum instead... and once the urethane is dry and the mouldings are painted, we'll finally have one room "done," more or less.

But there's so much more left to do. I don't even want to think about it.

I used to love going to websites and checking out the type of stuff we could put in our condo-- cool lighting fixtures (instead of the bare bulb that's currently hanging out of our kitchen ceiling), interesting fountains for our patio area, and different types of tile and Laminate Flooring (hardwood, I've been told, isn't very practical in termite-infested, flood-prone areas such as the Cape. Go figure. In fact, a lot of people think we're crazy for carpeting as much of our home as we did!) I fantasized about luxuries like central vacuuming systems (even though I hate vaccuming) and solar-powered water heaters (if only we'd known about them back when we replaced our 20-year old unit!).

Now, home-improvement websites just depress me. Too much money. Too much time. Too much effort. Blech.

The glow of home-ownership lasted less than a year. Only 228 more mortgage payments to go!

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa