552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, January 21, 2008

Blog Lite

Just when I was starting to get on a roll with regular blogging, things slowed down.

In part, it's because a Comcast (grrrr) outage left me without a connection to the world today. No tv, no phone, and no internet. I actually wanted to blog, but couldn't!

The other reason for my recent silence is the job hunt. I have three job interviews in the next two days-- tomorrow, I'm interviewing for a position that I'd really like, working in PR for a large local charity, but I'm not sure I'll be the most qualified candidate on their list. I've been doing a lot of studying up on the organization-- and brushing up on public relations-- for the last several days.

Then on Wednesday, I have two interviews: One for a full-time job, one for a meet-and-greet with the owners of an area video production company. The full-time job is working as a circulation assistant at one of the local library branches (unfortunately, not the branch a mile from our house). The pay is ok-- about a dollar an hour less than I made in TV-- but there's no overtime, so the annual income would be about $8,000 less. On the other hand, it's about $175 more a week than I can earn from unemployment, so I guess beggars can't be choosers. It's only a phone interview, so at least I can do the interview in my robe and fuzzy slippers if I want.

The production company thing isn't really a job-- I mean, I guess it is, because I applied for a video duplication position (high school diploma preferred, but not required) with them. They called today, and essentially said "You're really overqualified for the job, but we may have some other freelance stuff coming up if you're interested." And I am, so I'm meeting with them on Wednesday morning.

Somewhere in there, I hope to crash a job fair, too. So if you don't hear from me for a few days, don't be surprised. On the other hand, I may have another horror story to tell you, so stay tuned!

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa