552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, June 05, 2006

Oh Canada, eh!

If you ever look at the "recently visited" section of my blog (left column, about halfway down), you've probably noticed that I've had several visitors from north of the border lately.

At first, I thought they were seeking out my hockey wisdom. Or maybe they valued my thoughts on Rush (the band, not the fat conservative loudmouth). Or maybe they'd heard about my legendary fondness for Tim Horton's doughnuts.

Nope. Actually, Canadians (especially ones from Alberta) are apparently very concerned about INXS lead singer J.D. Fortune and a mysterious leg injury. As it turns out, INXS played shows in Calgary and Edmonton last week, and their reality-show-selection lead singer was wearing a leg brace and carrying a cane.

Anyway, I don't want to leave my new Canadian friends hanging. I don't have much nice to say about Fortune... but I will say nice things about your hockey team. Despite the fact that the Oilers eliminated my Red Wings from the Stanley Cup playoffs, I'm still throwing my support behind Edmonton in the Stanley Cup Finals. After all, if a #8 seed can make it all the way to the championship series, who am I to root against them? (Plus, I've met Ryan Smyth's brother a few times, and he was a nice enough kid.)

And I'm not the only one rooting for the Oilers. Maggie the Monkey agrees with my selection. And if that isn't a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is!

Labels: , , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa