552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

VCR... err... TiVo Alert!

The new season of "Last Comic Standing" starts tonight! The great thing about Last Comic Standing is that (if you're a fan of stand-up comedy), most of the contestants are people you've already heard of, and who already have a modicum of success in the comedy world. John Heffron, Kathleen Madigan, Alonzo Bodden, Ant, and Garry Gulman were already familiar names to me before I ever saw them on LCS. I guess, when it comes right down to it, Last Comic Standing is "American Idol" for people who don't like bad music.

Along those same lines, CBS has started promoting the new season of "Rock Star," my favorite show from last season. I knew they were going to do another season, but I didn't know exactly how they would do it. See, INXS was a perfect fit: Popular band, dead lead singer. Too bad they picked crappy JD Fortune to be their lead singer... but that's neither here nor there.

Of course, there aren't a lot of popular bands out there with dead lead singers. I don't see The Doors or Queen getting together and trying to find a new lead singer on a reality show. (Though it would be awesome if they did!)

Last week, the network released the details. Turns out, CBS is attempting to form a so-called "supergroup," though you can't call a band with two guys you've probably never heard of (plus Tommy Lee) a "supergroup."

I don't know if I'm really looking forward to this summer's Rock Star: Supernova experience. The appeal of last season was that I liked INXS, enjoyed their music, and wanted to see them find a new singer get back together. When it comes right down to it, I don't know if I really care if Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted and Gilby Clarke can find someone to sing with them. I'm sure they can visit the Betty Ford Clinic and find a washed-up lead singer to join their band of merry men. Or they could just get that bald guy that didn't win American Idol.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa