552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Letters to Barbaro

Despite the fact that horses can't read, Barbaro's been getting lots of email from across the country as he walks the long road to recovery.

Here are some of my favories:

Dear Barbaro, I hope that you feel better soon. I are [sic] hoping that your leg gets better. Maybe you should eat lots of carrots, oats and apples to help you feel happy. I love you and think that you are great.
Love, Piper (5)-St George, Utah

When some leaders of great nations are driving people apart; One great horse is bringing so many millions together from around the world. Namaste Barbaro.
Steve & Claudia Franke, Florissant, MO

Recover fast and be strong. You'll have those Mare's [sic] standing in line for you when you are well enough. You're a handsome fellow.
Sharon- Langhorne, PA


Nothing but white light and best hopes for you! You are an awesome angel on four legs - and may you soon run across green pastures and nicker at the ladies all day long!!!
Beverly White McCartt, Winter Park, FL

Barbaro, My mom has been very sad since your injury. She told me all about you and I'd like to suggest Fig Newtons. A couple of those always makes me feel better.
Best wishes,
Trevor (Quarter horse)

I've said it before... for the most part, people suck. But every now and then, they surprise me.

By the way, if you'd like to leave a get-well message for Barbaro, you can email him at the National Thoroughbred Racing Association or at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine website.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa