552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tragedy on Ice

As my friend Sue put it, "who were those guys in the red uniforms?"
She, of course, had the opportunity to watch our poor Red Wings fall to the stupid Edmonton Oilers last night. I did not. Ever since NBC got the NHL contract, hockey on television has become a luxury that people outside Canada (and its neighboring communities) can't acquire.

Instead, I spent the evening at a slightly less depressing hockey game, watching our local team lose in game four of their playoff series and get eliminated from the ECHL postseason.

But back to the Red Wings. I really wanted this one for little Stevie Wonder. Yeah, I know... Steve Yzerman already has a few Stanley Cups to his credit. But the poor guy is practically held together with ace bandages and duct tape. I really wanted to see him lift Lord Stanley's cup one more time. Now, we just await his decision.

On to lighter topics: Speaking of tragedies on ice, did anyone else read about this? "Tonya and Nancy: The Opera." Seriously, why can't I think up stuff like this? It sounds nearly as good as "Silence!" (Silence of the Lambs, the musical). And by "good," of course, I mean utterly horrible, but in a good kind of way.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa