552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, May 22, 2006

I Love Jason

"What happened to Cory?" you ask in utter disbelief.
No reason to worry... Jason isn't a man. Well, I guess technically, he probably is. But it's Jason's Deli which I love. I don't think I've ever publicly expressed this sentiment before.

Cory and I first started frequenting Jason's Deli about two years ago, when one appeared in Columbus. Cory typically gets the "MeataBalla," a meatball sandwich. While their menu is extensive, my personal favorite is the old standby, the Soup and Salad bar.

Tonight, I discovered that you can get the Soup and Salad to go.
The soup? Seafood Gumbo.
The salad? Spring mix, cherry tomatoes, yellow and red bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, baby carrots, raw mushrooms, black and green olives, shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheese, crumbled bleu cheese, mixed nuts, and croutons, with bleu cheese dressing and little mini corn muffins on the side.
I'm in heaven.

When I was a kid, I gauged the quality of a restaurant by the size of its salad bar. I'd pile my plate so high with salad that I could barely stomach my entree. Fortunately, I was a growing girl with a fast metabolism.

Well, over the last thirty-odd years, my metabolism has caught up with me. Luckily, salad isn't a no-no... even with gobs and gobs of bleu cheese dressing on it.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa