552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Sky is Falling!

The strangest thing happened this morning. When I woke up, drops of water were falling from the sky. You can imagine my confusion. Fortunately, Cory explained to me that the drops of water were called "rain" and that it was a fairly common atmospheric phenomenon.

I'm sure you can understand my confusion. Today, we received 0.3" of rain. That's three times as much rain as we got all last month! In fact, the last time I remember it raining was March 10th, when the Red Sox game was delayed. (Oddly enough, it wasn't the rain that delayed the game... it was an overturned sludge truck on I-75 in the Tampa area. But that's another story altogether).

The dry weather here has been miserable. Last week, we had a massive brush fire that burned about four thousand acres and destroyed about a dozen homes. Oh, and they've charged some 11-year-old kids with starting it. Nice, huh? Still, that's not nearly as bad as what's been going on northwest of here at New Smyrna Beach, where they've declared a state of emergency.

So let it rain. At least until June 1st, the official start of Hurricane Season.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa