552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Sweet Dreams

Excerpted from a e-mail newsletter I received today from Delta Airlines:

-- Effective March 15, we will no longer carry pillows on flights withinthe 48 contiguous states or flights between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico,Central America or the Caribbean.

Can discontinuing those crappy airline pillows really save them that much money? Last month, American Airlines got rid of pillows on their domestic flights, in order to save an estimated $375,000 annually... A nice chunk of change, but not exactly the type of money that multi-billion dollar corporations worry about.

Will I stop flying Delta because of the pillows? No... since moving to Georgia, I've become a Delta frequent flyer, and have already racked up enough SkyMiles to earn a flight to the Caribbean. If it'll keep the airline from declaring bankruptcy before Cory and I go on our honeymoon (which we're hoping to partially finance with frequent flyer miles), then I guess I can suffer without a little germ-harboring square of softness.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa