552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Oscar Buzz

As I sit here at work, once again bitter that I don't get to enjoy watching the Oscars, I thought I should register a few brief remarks.

1) Natalie Portman, I'm sure, is a very wealthy young woman. Could someone please recommend to her that she might want to purchase a sense of style? She always looks fantastic from the neck up, then wears the most heinous dresses.
2) As God-Awful as Star Jones is doing the "pre-game" show on E!, I'm starting to understand why the network let Joan Rivers go. Joan and Melissa on the TV Guide channel was an utter catastrophe. Joan didn't know who Leonardo DiCaprio was. Seriously, she started interviewing the wrong guy. He's up for Best Actor, Joan. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Melissa was drunk off her ass. Slurring, giggling inappropriately, long awkward pauses.
3) Why, oh why, does Beyonce need to sing these songs? She's a great soul singer. She's a butcher when it comes to operetta (or whatever you want to call Andrew Lloyd Webber's songs). Of course, I guess not every performance can live up to Robin Williams on the 2000 Academy Awards. (and after I posted this, I watched Antonio Banderas and Carlos Santana perform. It wasn't pretty. Antonio, you have a nice voice... it would be nice if it was in tune, though.)
4) I wish they showed clips from the nominated Animated Shorts this year... it's always one of my favorite parts of the show. And I'd much rather see clips than the nominees sitting in the audience.
(update:)
5) Why don't I remember Tony Randall, Marlon Brando, or Janet Leigh dying?

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa