552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, February 03, 2003

A Disturbing Sign of the Times

(Nacogdoches, Texas-AP) -- A NASA spokesman says it's "an evil world" -- one in which people are apparently trying to sell bits of the space shuttle Columbia.
He was reacting to news that people listed pieces of the shuttle wreckage on the Internet auction site eBay in the hours after yesterday's disaster. The site quickly removed the listings.
NASA's Bruce Buckingham says the debris is "government property" that people should not be collecting.
NASA hasn't verified the authenticity of the items on eBay, but Buckingham says "even someone pretending to sell something that came from Columbia is still bad."
The sheriff of Nacogdoches, Texas -- where much of the wreckage landed -- says there have been some cases of apparent looting.
He says there have been no arrests, but the F-B-I is investigating.


Wow. And I thought I was a bad person. I felt guilty because I was happy our 6pm sportscast was cancelled after the tragedy.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa