552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blown Away

(note: I wrote this post this morning, but the computer decided it needed to shut down to install updates. Stupid Windows Vista.)

Overnight, Gustav turned into a category 3 hurricane, and it's breaking my heart.

If you know me, you know that New Orleans holds a very special place in my heart. Cory proposed to me in the crescent city-- before Katrina nearly destroyed it. Three years ago this very weekend, we watched in horror as the city became a third-world nation overnight. And when things slowly returned to normal... or at least, as normal as they're going to get... we rejoiced.

We honeymooned in New Orleans-- half because we wanted to return to the place where we got engaged-- and half because we wanted to support the city in whatever small way we could.

Now, I'm holding my breath again.

I know that Gustav has to hit somewhere. And I don't want to wish that ill upon anyone. But it just shouldn't be their turn again.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa