552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Going for the Gold

I've been exhausted for the last week, primarily because I've been staying up until well past 1 a.m. watching the Olympics every night.

No posts here about Michael Phelps. Yeah, what he did was amazing, and I love watching Olympic swimming. But I'm burnt out on the guy. Seriously. So glad it's over, because I can't watch his freaky double-jointed elbows flapping around the pool any more.

Actually, I have one more thought about Michael Phelps... but I'll save it for the end of this post.

What I really wanted to talk about is Jamacian sprinter Usain Bolt-- and his performance in the 100-meters yesterday.

Un-freakin-believeable. First of all, the dude is 6'5". He towers over the competition. And he hauls ass.

By the 50 yard mark, he was the leader. By the 70 yard mark, it was obvious he would win. By the 85 yard mark, he'd already started to slow down, look around, and even pound his chest in victory. Oh, and he beat his own world record.

The whole thing pissed Cory off. "Why'd he have to screw around? I want to see how fast he could actually go?!?"

Today, I watched Venus and Serena Williams win the gold in doubles tennis. They dominated. And during their post-match interview, they were giggling like schoolgirls. Like they'd never won a tournament before. Or been on TV before. It's pretty refreshing to see famous "been-there-done-that" athletes act like little kids because they won a gold medal.

Okay-- so back to Michael Phelps. if you want a good giggle, watch this video (the good stuff doesn't come until about 4:15 into the clip. Feel free to fast-forward):


I'm pretty sure the dude isn't joking. And he was on my fantasy football team last year. I'm so ahsamed.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa