552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, July 26, 2008

On The Road Again

It's been a long time since I've done any work-related travel. As a speech/debate coach, I used to travel nearly every weekend during the school year (mostly 5-6 hour drives), and flew a few times a year, either to tournaments or professional conferences. But once I started working in sports, those opportunities dwindled. Sure, I was driving around all the time to cover games, and occasionally, I'd have a long drive to a Super Bowl or to a college bowl game. But flying? TV stations are much too cheap to fly people anywhere. If you can't drive there in less than 16 hours, you're not going. They'll hire a freelancer to do it for you.

This afternoon, I leave for a conference in Colorado Springs. I'm kind of excited, because I've never been there before, but I'm also kind of anxious about it. I'll be spending a lot of time with some of my co-workers. They're people I like, but with whom I've never spent time with outside of work. I'm sure it'll be fine-- but I'll be spending about 10 hours in cars, airports, and airplanes with them today-- and that's a lot of facetime.

On the up-side, the resort where we're staying looks beautiful. Check it out here. Pretty fancy-schmancy, huh?

I just realized that I left my wireless card in my office-- so I don't know if I'll have much web access while I'm there (Do I want to pay outrageous resort fees just to be able to email?). Crap. I was about to promise pictures and random stories-- but now I'm not so sure. We'll see.

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa