552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

In Case You Missed It (Part One)

As we all know, I spend a lot of time at a computer. And while much of that time is spent working, I also have a bit of down-time at work-- either waiting for the equipment I need, waiting for a newscast to start, waiting for a game to end, waiting for video highlights to come to the station.

As a result, I do quite a bit of web-surfing.

Most of the fun/cute/interesting things I find on the internet are fun/cute/interesting things that other people had found days, or weeks, or even months before I stumbled across them-- so I always think I'm the last to know about them. And often, I am the last to know.

But other times, I'll mention my recent web discovery to a co-worker or to Cory, and they won't know what on earth I'm talking about.

So, in case you missed them, over the next several posts, I plan to show you some of the fun things I've found on the web. You've probably seen many of them already, but just in case, consider me your gateway to pop culture.

Today's "In Case You Missed It:"

Lolcats

I stumbled across this internet phenomenon sometime around the wedding-- I don't remember exactly when. Essentially, a lolcat is a cat graphic that's designed to make you L.O.L. (Laugh out Loud). It combines a cute and/or funny picture of a cat with a caption or thought-baloon. And because cats are apparently poor spellers (or because computer keyboards aren't built for kitty paws), the captions are annoyingly misspelled-- using some weird computer-geek pidgin English baby-talk.

Our little Zoe is happy to provide an example.

Sometimes, lolcats are very cute.
Like this one. Awwww....
And this one.

Sometimes the pictures themselves are kind of funny.
Like this one.
Or this one.

Sometimes, they're just downright weird.
Really.

Oh, and a lolcat doesn't necessarily have to be a cat. There are also lolbunnies, lolhamsters, and even lolruses (though I think that picture might actually be of a lolseal).

For a more complete analysis of lolcats, read this article. Or don't. Whatever.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa