552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, May 14, 2007

Back in the Swing

It's been exactly one month since our wedding, and I feel like my life is finally starting to get back to normal. Honestly, it's been so long since my life was "normal" that I'm not sure I'll recognize it when I get there. For the last six months, I've spent every day I've had off from work either house-hunting, mortgage-hunting, moving, renovating, or planning a wedding. And while we still have plenty of renovating and unpacking to do, the only wedding stuff we have left are the thank-you notes, which we're slowly managing to plod through (though in retrospect, it would have been nice to mail them all out before the postage increase).

Today, as a symbol of my return to quasi-normalcy, I got my wedding fingernails removed.
I admit, it was nice having long nails for a couple of days-- But then I returned to work and I couldn't type. And when you work at a job that has very strict, non-flexible deadlines, that isn't a good thing.

Originally, I planned to just polish my own nails for the wedding. In fact, I'd purchased a nice little french manicure set so that I could make them look pretty. But then I nearly chopped one of my fingers off on Friday the 13th (the day before the wedding), and I thought that some artificial nails would be a little more attractive than a giant band-aid.

If you look closely at our wedding pictures, you can see the discoloration under my freaky deformed left index fingernail. I'm happy to report that I didn't develop any kind of weird flesh-eating disease by getting an artificial nail on that finger. At least, I haven't developed any symptoms yet. I'll keep you posted...

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa