552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, September 04, 2006

Sad News

Cory's out of town for the next few days because his grandfather passed away this weekend. I feel so badly for his family. They're such a big family and such a close-knit group... nearly all of them live just a few miles apart. In fact, it seems like Cory's mom and her sisters talk nearly every day.

Just a couple of months ago, Cory's aunt Sheryl passed away after a brief battle with cancer, and it was just heartbreaking. Being an only child, I can only imagine what it's like to lose a sibling. It must be like losing a part of yourself. And now, the same family is mourning the loss of their patriarch.

I guess the blessing in all of this is that-- because they're such a close family-- they have each other to lean on during times like this. I'm sure the heartbreak will bring them even closer together. Still, it's just so saddening. My heart goes out to them.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa