552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Happy 2006!

Ok, so I'm a week late with my New Year's greeting... but I thought I'd express the sentiment anyway.

For the second straight year, Cory and I celebrated New Year's Eve with my mother. This time, instead of downtown New Orleans, we celebrated at the Downtown Countdown in Ft. Myers. I had to anchor on New Year's, so I didn't get off work until 11:45. Fortunately, I only work about 1/2 mile from downtown, so I boogied out of work, was lucky enough to find a parking space ($6, which was outlandish, but I really didn't care at the time) and found Cory and Jan with about five minutes to spare, thanks to the new cell phone (Cory tried to hold back the "I told you so" as much as possible. Regardless of the convenience, I still think cell phones are the tool of the devil.)

It also gave us the chance to see downtown for the first time. It's actually really cute... lots of Mediterranean architecture and cute little bistros.

Anyway, I've come up with a couple of New Year's Resolutions... they aren't much, but I feel the need to list them here for posterity's sake.

1) Improve my posture
2) Be more positive. Or at least be less negative.

That's it. Sure, there's a lot more that I could resolve... but you've got to start somewhere, right?

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa