552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Bitchgiving!

I hate to be a pessimist, but... ok... Actually, being a pessimist is in my nature. I don't hate it at all... it's really all I know.

While I should be giving thanks this Thanksgiving holiday weekend, for things like a new job and friends who are willing to share their holiday meals, I also have a few pet peeves about the holidays:

1) Working. And having to constantly respond to comments like "Wow, it must suck having to work on Thanksgiving." Yes. Yes it does. Thank you for reminding me. And it's not like people watch the news on Turkey Day. The American public figured out long ago that the only things we have to offer on Thanksgiving are stories about Tryptophan, a visit to the soup kitchen, information about highway accidents and busy airports, previews of "Black Friday" at the mall, and highlights of the Lions and Cowboys games (they both lost this year).
2) Cory spending time with his family. Of course, he should be with them... especially since I'm stuck at work. But I'm an only child. I don't share well.
3) Disney movies that make me cry. Just before the newscast, I was in my office, bawling my eyes out at the end of "Finding Nemo." Seriously. And I'd seen it before. It's not like it was a surprise that he (SPOILER ALERT!) finds Nemo at the end.
4) Crappy TV (other than Disney movies). I hate that Days of our Lives does a stupid clip show the day after Thanksgiving every year. Some of us have nothing better to do on our holidays than watch your crappy show. Throw us a freaking bone and do a real damn show. The cast taped it two weeks ago, so it's not like it would ruin anyone's holiday by putting a little effort into it! Oh, and by the way, this year's crappy clip show episode was an hour-long plug for their crappy clip show website.

There it is. My day-after-Thanksgiving bitch list.

I now hereby declare the day after thanksgiving to be "Bitchgiving!"

Don't miss out on this new holiday tradition! Leave your Bitchgiving bitches in the comments section!

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa