552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Monday's Checklist

DayQuil (or generic equivelant thereof)- Check.
Zinc Lozenges- Check.
Box of Tissues (Kleenex ultra with lotion)- Check.
Zicam Nasal Gel- Check.
My brain- Oops. I knew I forgot something.

It seems like every fall and winter, I get sick twice. Once, the week of the Auburn/Georgia football game (sometimes stretching into "Iron Bowl" week), and once, the week that Dave takes for Christmas vacation.

Sunday was the day my first cold of the season struck. Honestly, I thought I'd somehow avoided it. Cory was sick about a week and a half ago. Last week, I had a sore throat Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. And then it went away. Maybe that's the worst I'll get, I thought.

Wrong.

It kicked my butt last night. Today, I was functioning a little better, thanks to massive doses of the above cold remedies. I should say that I was physically functioning better. Mentally, well, that's another issue.

The word "forgetful" doesn't even begin to describe my actions on Monday. Despite a reminder from Dave just fifteen minutes earlier, I forgot to take two football feeds, forgot to take the SEC basketball feed, and forgot to write a NASCAR update, which is a required part of my sportscast on Mondays. I managed to ad-lib something for NASCAR, but it wasn't pretty. During our dinner break, we stopped by the apartment to get my nasal spray, and Cory asked me to bring something downstairs for him. I forgot to do that. And while I remembered to dose up on my nasal spray, I forgot to take it back to work with me.

Maybe it's bird flu. Is a headful of mush a symptom?

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa