552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Literacy is Cool

Unfortunately, I've been a bit slack in my reading this year. I stopped keeping track of my "52 books in 52 weeks" (on the left) several months ago, when I realized I'd probably only come closer to about 30 books this year.

Recently, Time magazine listed the top 100 books of the last 75 or so years. Some I've started. Some I've finished. Some, I've just seen the movie. But that sort of counts, right?

Top 100 Books that I've read:
Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret
The Catcher in the Rye
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
To Kill a Mockingbird

Top 100 Books that I've started, but never finished:
The Grapes of Wrath
Lolita
Lord of the Flies
Lord of the Rings (technically, three books, of which I have read two)

Top 100 Books that I've never read, but at least I've seen the movie:
A Clockwork Orange
Deliverance
The French Lieutenant's Woman
Gone with the Wind
The Grapes of Wrath
Lolita
Naked Lunch
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
Lord of the Rings

Hmmm. Not a very good track record. I blame the TiVo.
(Thanks to the Lady Crumpet for the link)

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa