552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Vaya Con Dios, el Fotógrafo

Tonight was a big night on the social calendar-- A going-away party.

Our pal Marc was a photographer at the C-Town Ledger-Enquirer, but he's leaving our fair hamlet for the bright lights and big city of Wichita, Kansas. You can check out one of his award-winning photos here.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, Marc told me that he'd gotten a new job... and after a brief bout of jealousy and bitterness, I asked: "So, when are the drunken festivities?"

Tonight was the night. As it turns out, Elizabeth was having bachelorette festivites tonight, as well. Sorry I couldn't make it, Liz! I'll be at the wedding, I promise!

Anyway, as many of you are aware, Cory and I don't have many friends outside of work. It was so nice to go to a party and not talk about work. Ok, they were mostly newspaper people, so we talked shop a little. Probably too much. But still...

By the way, the best part about a party hosted by and for a photographer? The "photo booth" in the back yard. Another Ledger photographer constructed a booth out of pvc pipe and white sheets. It made for some good times!

Anyway, Good Luck, Marc! We'll miss you, man!

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa