552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, October 14, 2005

Hooray for Hockey!

As I mentioned in an earlier comments section, Cory and I don't get OLN. As a result, there will be very little NHL in my near future. We can watch the Thrashers when they're televised on Turner South, but the NHL's new television contract with NBC means that ESPN is no longer carrying my favorite sport. Instead, the "Outdoor Life Network" will be airing NHL games this season.

Of course, when I realized this, I checked to see the first time NBC will be airing a network-televised game.

January 14, 2006.

Seriously.

As you can imagine, I started hyperventilating when I realized that I might have to wait three months before I can watch my Red Wings. Three Months!

Tonight, Cory and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for a cool beverage after the baseball game. Well, actually, we went because Cory had a birthday coupon for a free dessert and their chocolate fudge cake is divine. Lo and behold, written on the board in the lobby:

10:30 pm- Detroit Red Wings at Los Angeles Kings

Yahoo!!!!

We only watched about an hour of the game, but I was so excited to see hockey-- and to see my team! Kirk Maltby scored a shorthanded goal right before we left. The Wings went on to win 5-2, and I'm a happy girl. Relatively speaking.

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa